Chimichurri, is a delightful addition to almost anything! You can make a chunky Chimichurri or a creamy one, really it’s what you like! It’s best known to dress up a steak, but as I said, it’s great on a variety of meats, seafood, and even rice!
My husband treated me this past weekend and made us a yummy dinner, that consisted of a steak, dressed in Chimichurri and a tomatoes salad… YUM!!
Traditionally Chimichurri isn’t made with kale, but hubs changed it up! To make this Chimichurri, you really just need easy ingredients!
• small bushel of cilantro
• small bushel of kale
• small bushel of parsley
• small bushel of basil
• small bushel of mint
• 1 jalapeño
• 1 rib of celery
• 1 lemon
• 1 small onion
• garlic powder
• olive oil
• mixing bowl
• zester Or grater
As with all my recipes, I don’t measure, my husband has learned to be able to cook certain meals, just by “ eye balling”. So I will try to give you estimates of the amount of ingredients you’ll need! Remember it’s always easier to add, than to remove!!
• You’ll want to remove all your herbs and Kale from their stems. Rough chop them all
• Chop your onions finely
• Chop your celery finely
• Zest your whole lemon
• Finely Chop your jalapeño
• Squeeze your whole lemon
• Add all your ingredients to a mixing bowl
• Add 1/4 cup of olive oil
• Add about half teaspoon of salt ( if you need more or less adjust to your liking)
• Add about 1 teaspoon of garlic powder ( if you need more or less adjust to your liking)
• Add about half teaspoon of pepper ( if you need more or less adjust to your liking)
• Mix it all together, and enjoy on top of a steak, or anything for that matter!
Shovan, for SBC