As a momma of 3, wife & a business owner, life can get very busy. However it’s still super important to me to make certain my family and I sit down together for dinner every day. Our kitchen table is a place for us to share not only meals, but great conversation. During the week my meals don’t fall short of being a ” home cooked meal”. How I do this? Well I often times prep dinner the night before or mid day. Who says you can’t have crab cakes during the week?! These ” weekday crab cakes” were one of the food items on the menu this week. Give them a go!
- 1 lb crab meat ( you can buy it shredded already) or pick it from the crab
- 4 Tbsp plain Greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup ceaser dressing ( any of your choice)
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1 green onion ( bundle) finely chopped
- 1/2 cup celery, finely chopped
- 5 Tbsp mustard
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp garlic
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp paprika
- 4 Tbsp mustard
- 1 Tbsp ketchup
- lemon juice ( from 1 lemon)
- 1 lemon cut into wedges ( to squeeze over crab cakes once cooked)
- 1 egg
- 1 cup flour
- coconut oil ( or any oil you’d like)
- parchemnet paper
- paper towels
- baking sheet
In a large bowl mix together all the ingredients except for the flour and oil.
Chill in fridge for 30 mins
Take a hand full of mixture and start forming patties in hands.
Pour flour in a bowl.
Once you have it formed, dip all sides of the cake in the flour.
Set aside on a baking sheet ( or plate) lined with parchment paper.
Set a plate aside, lined with paper towels.
Heat skillet over medium heat, when oil is hot enough carefully place the cakes in, cook on each side for about 4-5 mins or until golden brown.
Set cooked cakes on the plate lined with paper towels and squeeze lemon over them.
Enjoy immediately, with your choice of dipping sauce.
- * If you aren’t cooking these right away, simply leave them in the fridge, once you finish dusting them with flour.*
- ** I typically don’t measure when I cook, so the measurements are estimates. You can adjust to taste. **
Shovan for ShoBC